05 April 2008

How to keep from being outed

Actually, I can't say that I don't play the lottery. It's more a case of I rarely play the lottery. But on those occasions when I do get the urge, I always check out statistics and other information at US Mega.

Then, if we should ever win, I'll be sure to follow the advice of Mr Don McNay. Something that Jack should have considered before cashing in his ticket.

Jack's sort of a local, living about an hour away. So, whatever his latest misfortune or moronic move happens to be, it makes the local TV news. A reminder that lots of money doesn't necessarily equate to lots of common sense.

5 comments:

Ramblin' Ed said...

We get this guys antics in the paper, too. Sure, he's a bonehead, but we all want to know.

Hey, I wrote a long comment below, but it didn't take. Sorry, but I ain't writing it again.

Gun Trash said...

It's there, R' Ed, I just hadn't moderated it yet. I moderate the comments now since I started getting spam.

Fish-2 said...

The stories are legion about how many people have won big money, then messed up their lives - and many wind up broke and deep in debt. "Free" money is never handled as carefully as earned money.

Gun Trash said...

You know, I think that applies to a lot of things. You give someone something you consider of some value and darned if they don't forget to maintain. But, conversely, if they have to work to get that something they tend to take better care of it.

Right off hand I can think about how my kids beat up the cars I gave 'em, but once they starting having to buy their own, well what a change of attitude. :-)

Gun Trash said...

I just reread that and I swear I'm not back on the bottle. It must be the paint fumes from redoing the kitchen the last few days that's causing those typos.