28 June 2006

Flag Amendment? No, thank you.

Any slimeball lowlife piece of pond scum that would burn the flag isn't worth the time or my saliva to spit on.

However, having said that and even though I proudly served that flag for 20 years, 7 months, and 19 days, I do NOT want to see an amendment to the Constitution that would make such a disgusting act illegal.

Even as a Life Member of the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars, veterans organizations that are lobbying for such, I disagree with just about all of my comrades and fervently state that I do not want a "Flag Desecration Amendment".

I believe the senior Senator from Kentucky says it all. I agree with him 100%. Let's tinker with the Constitution only for serious and absolutely necessary reasons. I'm sorry, but I don't think protecting the flag merits such action.

No comments: