15 April 2005

One sweetheart of a deal

I quit smoking last year and quickly started putting on weight. So, like I posted a few weeks ago, I bought a bicycle to burn some more calories. I also started using Splenda in my coffee. I know, real men drink it black and I used drink that way, but somewhere along the line I started sweetening my coffee and found that I preferred drinking it that way.

So, I like Splenda, no calories, a by-product of sugar, and tastes closer to sugar than any of the other "artificials". Now, good news for me, but bad news for sugar producers, as lots of other folks are also finding that they like Splenda instead of sugar. But, before you start shedding tears for them good ol' boy sugar producers, check out National Review's Sweet Deal, Bad Taste first.

No comments: