19 January 2009

This is confusing

If I told you I was going to buy some Winter Bananas you'd likely think I was speaking of the long tropical fruit with a yellow skin that you peel before eating.

That would be wrong. It's actually an apple. The Hoosiers christened it thus in Cass County, Indiana in 1876.

I like apples and it's a rare day that I don't eat at least a half of one. But I pass on the ubiquitous Red Delicious as I agree with the opinion that it no longer is.  My wife and I prefer the Gala, Braeburn, Cameo or Pacific Rose varieties. They cost a bit more but there's a world of difference in taste.

8 comments:

Catherine on Eastlake said...

I thought you'd get a kick out of this ... :)

http://tinyurl.com/begol2

Rangerexpert said...

Hi, I appreciate every bit of your efforts to let us know about Gun Trash's Multifarious . In fact, we’re going to study and research it as part of a half-yearly initiative supported by our websites Rangerexpert and group of partners.

James M. Sharma said...

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics? Thanks a lot!

Flip Epic said...

I like this website its a masterpiece! Glad I found this on google.

Randall L. Bone said...

Hello,
its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due to this good piece of writing

Mary C. Smith said...

Good read! I must talk about the way you’ve organized your ideas and thoughts on the Hunting. I think you can help us even more by adding some more relevant insights into the topic. However, the post still gives us a head start to the next update to our website. Thank you

M. Sharma said...

Hi there, I check your blogs regularly. Your written style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

Micle Benel said...

I am extremely inspired with your writing talents as smartly as with the structure to your blog. Thanks.