07 January 2009

Thanks, but don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out

I'd be the first to pat George on the back for his response to Islamo-terrorism after 11 Sep 01. But at the same time I can understand why some want to throw shoes at him.

He certainly screwed it up on the domestic front these last 8 years. I'm not alone with that viewpoint either. That's not the only piece online that doesn't think much of his performance. Congress is certainly not blameless but still George could have used his veto pen to reign in some of the outrageous earmarks and other pork legislation.

He didn't.

2 comments:

Fish-2 said...

A friend of mine, living in Virginia, said there was a suggestion there to put signs as you cross the beltway going into Washington DC that say, "Reailty Stops Here". Each succeeding administration spends income they don't have, creating inflation, an ever increasing national debt, and then chastize taxpayers for living beyond their means. President Bush has been no different, and unless something changes, neither will the next hundred administrations.

Gun Trash said...

Not for my sake but for my present and future heirs I hope the country does indeed have another hundred administrations although the older I get the more I wonder if this republic will survive. Too many are expecting the guvmint to do their thinking for them. It's scary.